Personal Injury Law - brief explanation
Personal injury law is the legal area that covers cases where someone has been injured due to the negligence or wrongdoing of another. If you have been injured in an accident, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
There are many different types of personal injury claims
...but the most common ones involve car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and medical malpractice. In order to have a successful personal injury claim, you will need to be able to prove that the other party was at fault for your injuries. This can be difficult to do on your own, which is why it is important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney. If you have been injured in a traffic accident, you should contact a skilled personal injury lawyer today to discuss your case and learn more about your legal options.
TOP 10 issues handled by personal injury lawyers
- Car accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Workplace injuries
- Wrongful death
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Sexual assault and harassment
- Bicycle accidents
- Birth injuries
How much does it cost to hire an injury attorney?
There is no set answer to this question as it will vary depending on the individual case. Generally speaking, however, you can expect to pay a contingency fee. This means that your attorney will take a percentage of any settlement or verdict that you are awarded. The typical contingency fee is 33%, but it can range from 25% to 40%. You should discuss the fee arrangement with your attorney before hiring them.
If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver. In order to have a successful claim, you will need to be able to prove that the other driver was negligent in some way. This can be tricky to do on your own, which is why it is important to consult with an experienced car accident attorney.
Slip and Fall Accidents
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against the property owner. In order to have a successful claim, you will need to be able to prove that the property owner was negligent in some way. This can be difficult to do on your own, which is why it is important to consult with an experienced slip and fall accident attorney.
If you have been injured by a healthcare professional, you may be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. In order to have a successful claim, you will need to be able to prove that the healthcare professional was negligent in some way. This can be difficult to do on your own, which is why it is important to consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney.
If you have been injured by a defective product, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the manufacturer. In order to have a successful claim, you will need to be able to prove that the product was defective in some way. This can be difficult to do on your own, which is why it is important to consult with an experienced defective product attorney.
If you have been injured at work, you may be able to file a workers' compensation claim. In order to have a successful claim, you will need to be able to prove that your injury was caused by your job. This can be difficult to do on your own, which is why it is important to consult with an experienced workers' compensation attorney.
If you have lost a loved one in an accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit. In order to have a successful claim, you will need to be able to prove that the death was caused by the negligence of another party. This can be difficult to do on your own, which is why it is important to consult with an experienced wrongful death attorney.
Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
If you have a loved one in a nursing home, you may be concerned about abuse or neglect. If you believe that your loved one has been a victim of abuse or neglect, you should contact an experienced nursing home abuse and neglect attorney.
Sexual Assault and Harassment
If you have been the victim of sexual assault or harassment, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the perpetrator. In order to have a successful claim, you will need to be able to prove that the sexual assault or harassment occurred. This can be difficult to do on your own, which is why it is important to consult with an experienced sexual assault and harassment attorney.
Personal injury lawyers are civil litigators who represent (provides legal services) clients alleging psychological or physical injury as result of negligence or careless acts by another person, government agency, company or any entity. Below is a list of personal injury lawyers who practice in different regions of the United States. Use our extensive database, compare well-rated law firms near San Diego California and hire the best representative. Injury attorneys most often pursue compensation for accident victims (car accidents, pedestrian injuries, injuries to cyclists and motorcycle drivers). If you want to take legal action to claim settlement compensation for a personal injury case, you can try to compare the best lawyers from our database and hire the most experienced.
Accident cases handled by personal injury lawyers
- Car Accidents - who is responsible for the personal and property damage resulting from a traffic collision?
- Truck Accidents - federal laws and regulations govern the trucking industry
- Motorcycle Accidents - helmet laws, fault issues, and product defects (recalls)
- Pedestrian Accidents - if you have been injured as a pedestrian, you will have to hire an experienced pedestrian accident attorney to ensure you are treated fairly
- Boat Accidents - this law regulates recreational sports to ensure the safety and security of recreational boat users
- Bus Accidents - these laws regulate bus accidents in the United States include bus company liability, motor carrier safety and commercial driver's licenses (CDL).
- Train Accidents - train accidents certainly aren't as common as other transportation accidents, and therefore these disputes are much more complicated and require a specialist in this right
- Medical Malpractice - Medical malpractice is defined as any act or omission by a physician during treatment of a patient that deviates from accepted norms of practice in the medical community and causes an injury to the patient - ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.
- Product Liability - due to the fact that defective or dangerous products are the cause of many thousands of injuries every year in the United States, the legal rules that establish product liability law are very important to enforce your civil and personal rights.
- Premises Liability - Premises liability law refers to the legal principles that hold landowners or tenants and decides who is in law and who is responsible
- Workplace Accidents - you should definitely get a workplace accident attorney if you get hurt at work regardless of the circumstances of your workers' compensation claim
- Slip and Fall - trip and fall, is a premises liability claim (a case) based on a person slipping or tripping on the premises of another and, suffering injury - wiki explained
- Wrongful Death - a wrongful death claim occurs when a person dies due to the legal fault (negligence or misconduct) of another person. In these cases, it is possible to seek compensation for the survivors' loss, such as lost wages or funeral expenses
- Animal and Dog Bites - animal and dog attack attorneys try to prove who is liable for dog bites or attacks by animals in your neighborhood, behind fences, in shopping malls or in a city park
Below is a very extensive list of lawyers and legal authorities practicing in California. With the help of filters, you can search for a specific lawyer, compare its qualities with competing law firms, read client reviews or arrange an initial consultation. As for the governmental and non-governmental authorities that oversee compliance with ethical and legal rules, the most important is undoubtedly The State Bar of California. The California Rules of Professional Conduct are intended to regulate professional conduct of attorneys licensed by the State Bar of California through discipline.
Interesting facts related to California law
- Minimum Wages Law in California
- Starting in 2019, the minimum wage in California is $11 for employers with 25 or fewer employees and $12 for employers with 26 or more employees. Although there are some exceptions, almost all employees in California must be paid the minimum wage as required by state law.
- Environmental Laws in California
- An interesting fact is that the Californian Government has passed a long-term law of using 100% clean energy by 2045. The environmental laws of California focus on protecting air, water, earth and human beings.
- Gun laws in California (wiki)
- Adults of age 21 or older are restricted from the purchase of handguns. In order to get the weapon permit, the applicant needs to undergo a minimum of 8 hours of training and needs to pass a live shooting test. What does it mean? In short, the rules to carry a weapon are now more strict than usual.