My husbamd has been arrested this past year for domestic violence. I want a divorce and custody of our two children. I have also been evicted from our home of 19 years because he was ordered to stay off the property and away from the children and I. He had the land and trailer changed out of his name into his parents name to have me removed from the land. His mom considered me wrong for him being arrested. My husband and I have been together for 21 years .
My husband controled all the finances.
He refused to help with anything during the time he was ordered to stay away. He had the power turned off on us. Canceled the foodstamp card were we could not use it. He burned our clothes. He doesn't have either child with him yet he is living in the home because it is bought and paid for. He had even ensured I wouldn't have a way to go. I don't have a home at this time, no job and no way to go. He goes around telling bad things about me and makes it difficult for anyone to help me. He has even stalked me . He isn't so much stalking me since he is back in our home. He doesn't work. He has even told our daughter she was homeless after being evicted.
- Domestic Violence Attorneys in Mississippi | ask4justice.com
- Divorce Attorneys in Mississippi | ask4justice.com
- Child Custody Attorneys in Mississippi | ask4justice.com
FAQ - Domestic Violence in Mississippi (husband) & Divorce
Aggravated domestic violence is a felony punishable by a minimum of two years in prison. Two-year statute of limitations removed on crimes of aggravated domestic violence, promoting prostitution and human trafficking. Domestic violence refers to violent or abusive acts committed by one family or household member against another, such as child abuse or spousal abuse. Domestic violence can refer to physical harm, or behavior that is controlling, coercive, or threatening. § 97-3-7. Simple assault; aggravated assault; simple domestic violence; simple domestic violence third; aggravated domestic violence; aggravated domestic violence third.
- What Are the Grounds for Divorce in Mississippi?
- What if my spouse/partner abuses me? - Mississippi Bar
- Child Protection in Families Experiencing Domestic Violence
- Mississippi Divorce | WomensLaw.org
- Does Spousal Abuse Have Any Effect on a Divorce?
- Adultery, Arrests and Divorce | Jackson Criminal Lawyers