What does automobile accidents lawyers do?
Most automobile accidents lawyers help their clients file for personal injury claims against the responsible party. In some cases, they may also help their clients file for property damage claims. Automobile accidents lawyers in your area typically work on a contingency basis, which means that they only get paid if their client receives compensation for their injuries. Hiring a skilled and experienced automobile accidents lawyer can help you maximize your chances of receiving the full amount of compensation you deserve.
How much does it cost to hire an auto accident attorney?
Auto accident attorneys typically work on a contingency basis, which means that they only get paid if their client receives compensation for their injuries. The exact percentage that an attorney charges may vary, but it is typically between 33% and 40%. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in compensation, your attorney would receive $33,000 to $40,000.
What is the average settlement for a car accident?
The average settlement for a car accident can vary widely depending on the severity of the injuries involved, the amount of property damage sustained, and other factors. In general, however, most car accident settlements fall somewhere between $3,000 and $75,000.
How long does it take to get a settlement from a car accident?
The length of time it takes to receive a settlement from a car accident can also vary widely depending on the circumstances. In some cases, settlements may be reached fairly quickly, while in others it may take months or even years to reach a resolution. If you have been involved in a car accident, it is important to consult with an experienced traffic law attorney near you who can help you understand your rights and options.
TOP 10 issues handled by car accident law firm?
- Liability for the accident
- The at-fault driver's insurance company
- Your own insurance company
- Medical bills and treatment
- Lost wages
- Car repairs or replacement
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
- Wrongful death
The most important steps after a car accident
After a car accident, it is important to:
1. Remain calm and call 911 if anyone is injured.
2. Move your vehicle out of the roadway, if possible.
3. Exchange information with the other driver, including insurance information.
4. Take photos of the accident scene and any injuries or damage.
5. Report the accident to your insurance company.
6. Seek medical attention, even if you do not think you are injured.
7. Keep a record of all expenses related to the accident.
8. Do not give a recorded statement to the other driver's insurance company without consulting an attorney first.
9. Do not sign any documents without consulting an attorney first.
10. Contact an experienced car accident attorney to discuss your options and help you protect your rights.
FAQ related to auto accidents
How do I choose the right attorney for my case?
The best way to choose an attorney is to ask for referrals from friends or family members who have been in a similar situation. You can also contact your local bar association or search online for attorneys who specialize in auto accident cases. When meeting with potential attorneys, be sure to ask about their experience, fees, and how they would handle your case.
What should I do if the other driver's insurance company calls me?
If you are contacted by the other driver's insurance company, you should politely decline to give a statement and refer them to your attorney. You should also not sign any documents or release any information without first consulting with an attorney.
What if the other driver does not have insurance?
If the other driver does not have insurance, you may still be able to recover compensation through your own uninsured motorist coverage. You should contact your insurance company to file a claim and discuss your options.
What if I am partly at fault for the accident?
Even if you are partly at fault for the accident, you may still be able to recover compensation. However, your recovery may be reduced by your percentage of fault.
What if the other driver denies being at fault?
If the other driver denies being at fault, you may still be able to recover compensation through your own insurance company's collision coverage. You should contact your insurance company to file a claim and discuss your options.
What are the most common types of injuries in car accidents?
The most common types of injuries in car accidents are whiplash, back injuries, head injuries, and neck injuries.
What is the average settlement for a car accident?
The average settlement for a car accident can vary widely depending on the severity of the injuries involved, the amount of property damage, and the circumstances of the accident.
What if I am not satisfied with the insurance settlement offer?
If you are not satisfied with the insurance settlement offer, you can negotiate with the insurance company or file a lawsuit. However, it is important to keep in mind that most personal injury lawsuits take months or even years to resolve.
How long do I have to file a car accident lawsuit?
The statute of limitations for filing a car accident lawsuit in Texas is two years from the date of the accident.
What are some common mistakes made after a car accident?
Some common mistakes made after a car accident include:
- Not seeking medical attention right away, even if you don't think you are injured.
- Giving a recorded statement to the other driver's insurance company without consulting an attorney first.
- Signing any documents or releasing any information without consulting an attorney first.
- Not contacting an experienced car accident attorney to discuss your options and help you protect your rights.
- Accepting the first insurance settlement offer without consulting an attorney.
- Not filing a police report or insurance claim right away.
- Not gathering evidence at the accident scene, such as photos of the damage and witnesses' contact information.
- Failing to keep track of your medical treatment and expenses.
- Returning to work too soon after the accident.
- Not following up with your doctor's appointments and recommended treatment plan.
If you have sustained injuries in an auto accident, finding an experienced car accident attorney near you is essential if you want to recover financial compensation. You can't do it alone. A capable personal injury lawyer who focuses primarily on traffic accidents can fight on your behalf and can thus ensure that you receive adequate compensation not only for medical bills and repair costs, but also for lost wages and physical or mental suffering.
Victim or the at-fault driver in the accident?
If you are looking for a lawyer who can handle motor vehicle accidents, then it is good to consider whether you are looking for him as a culprit or a victim of a traffic accident. Motor vehicle accident law is an obvious combination of traffic law and personal injury law. Many car accident attorneys in your area work as "insurance defense lawyers" in collaboration with an insurance company. Such a lawyer protects clients against lawsuits arising out of traffic accidents. If you were injured during a car accident by someone else's negligence, below is an up-to-date list of car accident lawyers near you.
Injury attorneys most often pursue compensation for accident victims (car accidents, pedestrian injuries, injuries to cyclists and motorcycle drivers). Although most car accident attorneys charge for their services at a fairly unique price, you can expect costs associated with these services:
- medical records request
- police reports (the sooner the better)
- transcripts and trial exhibits (reconstruction of a traffic accident)
- postage and filing fees (police, officials, investigators and experts)
You can find more information about lawyers' fees in your personal injury case at allaw.com. Here you will also learn what the first steps after a car accident should be and how to proceed. If you want to avoid the most common mistakes after a car accident, take a look at this article on avvo.com. Find out, who are the best car accident lawyers in your area offering free consultations.